Just an update to tell you all that I won’t be updating for about a week and a half, as I’ll be having WAY TOO MUCH FUN in Guilin and Hong Kong. That is, if our self-planned trip doesn’t completely disintegrate and fall into a million little pieces.
Things I am most excited for:
- FINALLY seeing Guilin and the Li River’s beautifully weird mountainous landscape – something I’ve been anxious to see ever since one of my host families in Thailand told me about them
- Staying the night in Ping’an village, where the Longji rice terraces are, which are supposed to be crazy beautiful
- Experiencing my first overnight train ride in China… should be an interesting night!
- Meeting a few fellow AIESECers for lunch in Shenzhen before we cross over into Hong Kong
- Being able to use the internet WITHOUT A VPN in Hong Kong 🙂
- And… well, just going to Hong Kong in general? Do I really need a reason to be excited about it? I mean it’s Hong Kong, it’s gonna be great. Food, night life, shopping, and even some scenic views, what more could you ask for from a city?
So yeah, assuming everything goes right, this trip is gonna be BO$S. I’m going with a few other girls: my roommate, Kim, Valerie (who also goes to U of I), and Sarah. It’s a super fun group and I’m pumped to be going with them!
I’ll talk to you all in about a week —- laaaater!